Viewing Traffic for an Application
This is part 3 of a 3 part series on application control. See the other sections:
At a end of this how to will be able find information on an application including the current traffic the application is generating.
Step by Step
Step 1: Find the application
You can find the application from the Accounts or Applications tabs or by searching as described in the appropriate How to.
Step 2: Understand the Application display
Once you have located the application you’ll see an overview screen of information on the application as shown in the following image.
The Items labelled in the diagram correspond to the following information:
- The name of the application given by the developer.
- Meta data captured for the application (learn how to set which data to capture in the advanced section).
- The Status of the application – is it Live or Suspended?
- The current API Identifiers, Keys and certificates which the application has (this view varies depending on what authentication pattern is in use.
- A summary of traffic statistics for the application.
- Information on the application plan the application is on and the rate limits which apply.
Step 3: Use the Menu to access the full screen statistics view
Using the menu labelled item 7 in the image above click on Stats and this will take you to the statistics view for the application as shown in the image below.
Controlling the Metrics, Methods and time range allow you to check different types of data about the application.
Step 4: See the traffic log [Enterprise Only]
If during plugin configuration, logging to 3scale of calls was enabled then clicking on the *API Request Log" Menu item shows the latest logged transactions for the application. These may be all transactions or a subset (such as errors) depending on configuration.